SJRMC has partnered with Moms Michiana, The South Bend Tribune, WSBT-TV and the St. Joseph County chapter of the American Red Cross to host a free non-certified CPR course on Saturday, August 21.
The class will familiarize parents and grandparents with CPR, as well as what to do if a baby or child is choking. The two-hour non-certified skills course for ages 16 and older will be offered at 8 am, 10 am and Noon at the Mishawaka Campus.
Pre-registration is required and limited space is available. The sessions will involve hands-on training that will require participates to be able to get down on the floor.
To register, go to www.MomsMichiana.com/CPR or call (574) 235-6410.
CPR Teddy Offers Practice Opportunity
The SJRMC Mishawaka Campus Gift Shop is now selling the CPR Teddy and CPR Teddy Junior.
The stuffed animal enables parents, grandparents, babysitters and anyone else the chance to practice choking rescue and CPR skills. The bear features:
• Audio review of choking rescue steps and CPR
• Bright red heart to indicated where to compress the chest
• Red and green light to indicate if you are pushing the chest too hard, too soft or just right
• Metronome to pace your compressions
• Disposable mask and airbag to practice giving rescue breaths.
Both bears also come with a training DVD on Infant/Child CPR, Choking Rescue, First Aid and Injury Prevention.
The Gift Shop is located just inside the main entrance of the hospital at 5215 Holy Cross Parkway in Mishawaka.