The CardioDiagnostics department at SJRMC provides comprehensive Diagnostic Cardiology and Vascular Procedures. With access to unmatched resources to ensure we set the standard for care, our CardioDiagnostics team offers many services, including:
- EKG’s - A quick exam that takes a snapshot of the electrical patterns of your heart.
- Arterial Flow Studies - When fatty deposits build up in your arm or leg arteries, the vessels can begin to narrow or harden. This is called Peripheral Vascular Disease. An Arterial Flow study can measure the flow of blood through veins and arteries in your arms and legs to help identify Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Treadmill Stress Testing - Measures how your heart performs while you exercise on a treadmill. This can help reveal heart problems that do not show up when you are at rest.
- Pharmaceutical Stress Testing - Measures your heart's blood flow and electrical patterns when it is under stress from a drug.
- Echocardiography - An advanced ultrasound of the heart where the valves and blood flow can be seen with great detail. The physician can take pictures of your heart and see its chambers in motion as they pump blood.
- SJRMC recently received a three-year term of accreditation in Echocardiography in the area of Adult Transthoracic. This Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Committee (IAC) means that SJRMC has undergone a thorough review of its operational and technical components by a panel of experts. Only the facilities that are confirmed to be providing quality patient care, in compliance with national standards, are granted accreditation status.
For more information, consult your physician.