The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday. We are proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every quarter.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 2000 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who died of complications of an autoimmune disease at the age of 22. During Patrick’s hospitalization, his family was awestruck by the care and compassion his nurses provided not only to Pat, but also to the entire family.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony on his or her unit, and will receive a certificate, a DAISY Award pin and a beautiful hand-carved stone sculpture. Additionally, the unit will celebrate with Cinnabon® cinnamon rolls – a favorite of Patrick’s during his illness.
Nominate a Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees are welcome to nominate a deserving SJHS nurse for The DAISY Award. Please nominate a nurse who consistently meets the following criteria:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the holistic needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of SJRMC
- Is thoughtful, compassionate and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
Click here to submit your nomination online.
You can also print the Nomination Form and mail or fax it to:
Saint Joseph Health System
Attn: Nursing Administration
5215 Holy Cross Parkway
Mishawaka, IN 46545
For more information, go to www.daisyfoundation.org.