Heart disease is the number one killer of both women and men in the U.S.
Risk factors for heart disease include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history of heart attack or stroke
- Inactive lifestyle
We offer non-invasive ways to assess your risk of heart disease or stroke, including a treadmill stress test, an EKG, a simple blood test called an hs-CRP or a Coronary CTA.
Talk to your physician about your risk of heart disease. Click here to find a primary care physician or specialist.
SJRMC is proud to be a technology leader by providing the Coronary CTA. This scan may be recommended under the following circumstances:
- Chest pain syndrome
- Management of patients with inconclusive stress tests
- Evaluation of recurrent symptoms or exacerbation of coronary artery disease in patients with known disease
- Patients experiencing chest pain or difficulty breathing with prior bypass surgery or coronary artery stent placement
With this technology, a complete coronary angiogram can be acquired non-invasively within five heartbeats. Coronary CTA also evaluates non-coronary causes of chest pain, such as aortic dissection and pulmonary embolism. Benefits include:
- Higher quality images
- Better diagnostic capability
- Lower radiation doses
- Shorter breath-holds during the test
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
More invasive detection and treatment occurs in our Cardiac Catheterization Lab. In the Cath Lab, doctors can detect artery blockage, evaluate the size and function of the heart's valves and chambers and perform necessary treatment procedures. Click here to learn more about our Hybrid Catheterization Lab & Operating Room.