The Department of Volunteer Services of Saint Joseph Health System, based in the Catholic Christian heritage, develops and maintains a team of volunteers to provide support and assistance in serving the needs of our patients, families, guests, and staff.
You don't need a healthcare background to volunteer at SJHS. We have positions that are both patient and non-patient related. All we ask for is a once a week commitment of 3 - 4 hours. Prior to starting, all of our new volunteers will have a chance to attend orientation. We strive to match the skills and talents you already have with our openings and needs.
- To promote the positive role volunteers contribute to our organization and community outreach programs.
- To encourage our student volunteers to consider a career in healthcare based on their positive experience volunteering with our organization.
- To provide for the medical center and reach out to the community using monetary funds from fundraising projects sponsored by the Auxiliary.
Click below to read our student volunteer guidelines:
Volunteer Application Forms
Click below to fill out an onlline form to submit your application to volunteer at SJHS:
- Adult Volunteer Form
- High School & College Student Volunteer Form
- Please note the High School volunteer program will not be available during summer 2015. High School volunteers should apply for Fall 2015 placement in August.
- Please note that the College Volunteer program is now closed for summer 2015. College volunteers should apply for Fall 2015.
Director of Volunteer Services